Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.

Geez, is everyone blogging now? A friend somewhere always seems to be starting and updating a blog. Way to make a gal feel guilty, guys. The sad part is I really do think about updating this blog, and I come across interesting tidbits that I think should be shared. But after a 12-hour day, I simply have no urge to write a post.

So to jump back in, I'll update you on my three resolutions and new developments in my life. Then I'll make an attempt to start blogging again. But let's be clear--I'm not making any promises here.

Goal #1: Write more.
Reality:
While I don't really write much outside of work, I do feel like I'm getting to write a lot more--way more than I was writing on January 1, 2010. So I feel I've done well in that regard, and I hope it only improves from here.

Goal #2: Lose 5lbs.
Reality: HA! Unless I get my butt in gear in the next 5.5 months, this will not be happening. Along with no urge to post, I also have no urge to exercise. Just like thinking about posting, I think about working out on the commute home. Then I get home. And nothing happens.

Goal #3: Save three months rent.
Reality: This goal is actually progressing along nicely. We'll see what happens over the next month, but even if I fail, I am happy with what I've saved. I think the goal was a little lofty to begin with. Good thing I hate falling short of my own goals.

Other updates:

#1: I have two new furry roommates, Tommy and Marigold. We've actually been acquainted since 2007, but they've recently moved in. I inherited them from my grandma. I'll post photos later, and don't worry, I'm sure this blog will be full of their photos soon.

#2: I am still happily employed and living in the city, hence the change of name for the blog (again). And don't really have any other updates because, despite living in a big city, I still manage to live a boring life (which I enjoy, thanks).

And with that, I'm finishing this post and crawling into bed to read a book.

Three cheers to a boring life!

No comments: