Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yo Quiero Taco Bell Por Favor

If you know me, you know I'm a huge fan of Taco Bell. Yes, I realize it's absolutely horrible, but I just love those Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes and Supreme Chalupas. Plus, I only have it once in a while, so I figure it's ok. (Moderation is key!)

Anyways, today Taco Bell is in my thoughts and prayers. Gidget, the 15-year-old chihuahua, suffered from a stroke Tuesday night and died. You might know her best from her "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" (and yes, Gidget is a she that took on 'he' roles in the campaign) or from her role as Bruiser's mom in Legally Blonde 2. The mostly retired actress enjoyed laying out in the sun, hiking, entertaining people and sleeping for 23 hours per day, said Gidget's trainer Sue Chipperton to People Pets.

Remember the Taco Bell plush dogs? (Pictured below.) At one point, I had all of them. I kind of wish I still did, but I'm pretty sure I sent them to the Salvation Army with the many bags of clothing I sent there. (I'm pretty sure my (old) local Salvation Army could stay open with my donations alone, haha.)


RIP Gidget. My thoughts and prayers go out to Taco Bell, your trainer and anyone else who associated with you.

3 comments:

Michael Northrop said...

Oh, no! That's sad. It sounds like she had a nice life, though. I had one of those talking plushes. It said, "Here lizard, lizard," which I think was a cross-promotion for the horrible Godzilla movie that came out at about that time. It was so much marketing and branding in one stuffed dog that it made my head spin. Still, I kept it on top of my refrigerator for years.

Pie said...

Gidget sure did get a lot of press, too.

I think I remember that plush dog! And I definitely remember the Godzilla movie, haha.

Loopaleep said...

Wow.