Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Man's Garbage, Another Man's Treasure

Or maybe I should say, "One Man's Misfortunes, Another Man's Smile." With my life not following the plan I've laid out for it, sometimes I get a little blue. Thanks to the blogs of two friends (Liz's and Isaiah's), I've discovered a site that constantly makes me feel better about my day.

Fmylife.com is hilarious. It was created by some French kids for people to post "everyday anecdotes likely to happen to anyone." And by anecdotes, they mean awful, embarassing moments in the user's life where there really isn't anything else you can say except "F**k my life." Better yet, on top of people posting the anecdotes of why their lives suck, the rest of us can judge them. You can vote "I agree, your life is f**ked" or "you deserved that one."

Some of my favorites from today:

Today, I went to have dessert with my boyfriend. We ordered some Jello. I said that I loved Jello because it is so fun and jiggly. My boyfriend said, "Like you. Except the fun part". FML

Today, in art class we finally had the critique for the self portraits we've been working on for a month. We critique a few and come to mine. Everyone is silent. Finally, one girl says "I'm just going to be blunt. It doesn't look like you. You're not that pretty." Everyone nods. FML

Today, I went to get a condom because my boyfriend and I were going to have sex for the first time. When I opened the drawer, I saw that every single condom had a Jesus pin stabbed through it, and a note on top of the box: "love mom." FML

No comments: