Sunday, May 3, 2009

I am a Blogaholic.

Some of you may have caught my earlier post about possibly being a blogaholic. Well there is no possbility. I -am- a blogaholic. And thanks to Google Reader, my addiction gets worse and worse and worse. I'm currently at 83 subscriptions.

Ok, to make sure you don't think that I'm sitting at a computer all day, I don't necessarily read every post. I skim through a lot of it and read what interests me the most. It's so easy to do on Google Reader, too. I don't have to visit 83 different Web sites when I want to see what's happening.

Last time I got some great suggestions for new blogs. So once again, I figured I'd share a few favorites of mine and ask you about yours. What are you reading? Because here's a spotlight of what I'm reading:

Funemployed in NYC - They have a great "Job of the Day" feature where they find ridiculous job postings. It's pretty funny. They make unemployment funny, which is nice.

Save Like Me - This is SELF's money saving blog. MP Dunleavey gives you great suggestions on how to go about saving money. I like how she uses real life examples, too.

Salon.com's Broadsheet - This is my go-to blog for women's issues and current affairs. I like how they talk about serious and not-so-serious issues with a conversational, witty and amusing tone.

Almost Savvy - This blog isn't updated too frequently, but when it is, you can find some great information.

Beyond the Beauty Pages - This is SELF's beauty blog. I've learned a lot from all the women there. I love reading what they're up to and what they suggest. (I also love that my friend Ale is a regular blogger. She's awesome!)

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I haven't been reading any new blogs lately. Sadly I do keep up with a couple of vlogs on youtube.

They're:
sxephil- Commentary on news, sarcastic sense of humor

What the Buck?- Commentary on entertainment...silly

Vlogbrothers- One of the brothers is author John Green, haven't read any of his books, but they're an interesting duo

They're about ~5 min each, not too bad, but then add in the blogs I check up on occasionally and you have a sad situation, lol.

Pie said...

Vlogs, huh? I haven't thought about that yet. Those sound interesting. I'll check them out. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out!