Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are You Stressed Out?

Did you know today is National Stress Awareness Day? Do you think they picked the day after taxes are due on purpose? Because I imagine that most people are acutely aware of their stress levels right now. I also imagine some people may be much more stressed than usual.

So I thought I’d share a few things to alleviate some of the stress you may or may not be feeling.

- Back up your LinkedIn contacts! Just in case something goes wrong (knock on wood), keep track of all the hard work you put into your LinkedIn connections by following the steps on Almost Savvy’s post. You’ll save contact information for all your connections, your profile and your recommendations. Then I suggest putting those files on one of those little storage thingies. You know what I’m talking about, right? BAM. Less stress!

- Laugh a little! I already shared one of my favorite sites, Fmylife.com, but there are so many other great ones. I literally laugh out loud a lot of the time. Two other sites that make me giggle are Said In Bed and One Sentence. Maybe it isn’t nice to laugh at others, but if they’re brave enough to post it online, chances are they’re laughing, too.

- Go bowling! Before you say it’s too expensive, here’s a coupon to AMF bowling centers. With it, you can play up to 10 games for 99 cents each. The coupon is good until April 30, so take your family or friends and relieve some of that pent up stress!

- Let go! My mom always tells me to take things one day at a time. You’d think this was easy, but it’s actually not. Use this link to learn how what to let go of and how to do it. It can’t hurt to try.

No comments: