Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm Still Thunking!

Look! I remembered my Thursday Thunk post. It was a nice break from writing these ridiculous essays for job applications. Like I said last week, if you start playing, let me know!

1. If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be?

JOURNALIST LOOKING FOR JOB! HIRE ME!

2. Did you get drunk at your prom?

Nope. I didn’t really start to drink until after high school. I feel it’s pretty overrated anyways.

3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?

Does my Bojangles seasoning count? I love using it on French fries, tater tots and anything else potato. Otherwise, I don’t really cook and couldn’t tell you what spice would be good in what. Sad, I know.

4. What color is your roof?

You know, I have no idea. I live in an apartment building and have never made it to the roof. I will once they open the sundeck though.

5. In a land far, far away I _____________

….won the lottery, bought an island and did whatever I pleased!

6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown?

Frankly, yes. I’m still glad she stuck to her beliefs though. Check below for my post on this subject.

7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants?

Not usually, but I watched most of the one this year. When I was younger, I watched it all the time!

8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor?

No, as a matter of fact. Have you?

9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...)

Um, I am neither a parent nor an aunt. But I loved watching Doug, Zoobileezoo (or however you spell it), Rocco’s Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, The Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain… the list could go on forever. But I also played outside a lot, too, I promise!

10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level?

It depends. Are the people below me having a party and blasting the base? Because if so, you probably wouldn’t be able to get an accurate reading.

11. What was the last restaurant you ate at?

I don’t know if you could really count this as a restaurant, but I had dinner at this movie house near me that serves food while you watch the movie. It’s really fantastic! I LOVE IT!

12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month?

Two little green frogs. One frog has his hand (?) covering the other frogs face. It's an animal calendar. No offense to the frogs, but I hope it's a furry animal in May.

13. Are you superstitious?

Sometimes. I’m not scared of black cats. Some things get me though. I don't like walking under ladders or playing Bloody Mary.

14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear?

It’s either the Pussycat Dolls CD or the Rascal Flatts CD. I have no idea what’s on the radio because I haven’t found a station I like here yet.

15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard?

This may sound weird, but I’d prefer a (non-venomous, if possible) snake because lizards really creep me out. I don't know; I just feel they shouldn't have legs. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about them. YUK.

16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways?

I think all schools were affected by Columbine. They’re more aware of these sorts of situations. Awareness is good. Some schools are more secure and many schools try to be. I’m sure there is more to talk about with this answer, but I don’t really like talking about it. Just a personal thing.

4 comments:

Nori Duran said...

Zoobileezoo LOL!!
i loved that show; not many have heard of it (at least people I know)

I wish they aired the episodes again, dont you?

Anonymous said...

I also love your choice of cartoon shows! I've watched them growing up, until today that I'm old enough to watch cartoons. haha.

Cookie said...

Wow... I didn't look at your entry before doing mine, and we ended up with a lot of the same answers :)

Pie said...

@Nori D: I have such vague memories of Zoobileezoo that I think it would definitely be interesting to watch again.

@Anon: You're always allowed to watch cartoons though! You never get to old!

@Cookie: We definitely do. I wish we had been closer in school! We would have had a blast!