Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Karma Wednesday

Nothing like a little break for a holiday. I hope everyone had a nice Easter/Passover/weekend, etc. I thought I'd just leave you with a few tidbits today.

1) My friend Michael Northrop officially has his first YA book out: Gentlemen. You should definitely pick it up and read it. The cover itself makes me want to pick it up and read it, which I will when I head to a bookstore. Check out the story behind it. I am excited to get my book autographed, too. Also, once upon a time, our luck/successes seemed to be closely linked, so hopefully, his luck will soon kickstart mine. He even has another book coming out in 2009: Trapped. Congrats!

2) My mile is getting better! I can run longer, too. How exciting. Although, I have some beef with health magazines (SELF included) and Web sites. I've recently decided I would try "interval sprinting" because I hear it helps trim tummy fat more than just running regularly. So I looked into some "rountines" to try out like this one. YEESH! Can you make a beginner running rountine please? I'm excited if I run 15-2o mins with maybe one minute of running a little faster than ususal. I tried to add a few interval sprints today and ended up with my left foot cramping up. Oh well. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

3) It's TAX DAY. Hope you turned in your taxes, get a sweet refund and scored some great deals today. I actually turned in my taxes a while ago and got my tax refund. It sort of funded my visit to NY back in March.

Ok, I think I'm going to spend some time reading before bed. I'm currently reading Women & Fiction: Short stories by and about women. It was published in 1975. So far, it's not bad, but I really did not enjoy Gertrude Stein's Miss Furr and Miss Skeene. Good night for now.

2 comments:

Cookie said...

$300 isn't a LOT of a refund, but that's definitely a week's worth of clothes (especially these days, where EVERY store is completely on sale in an effort to sell anything at all)! I'm excited to get that check :)

Pie said...

That's better than nothing! And I -love- all the sales that are going on right now. I feel like I need new shoes. Do you use ShopItToMe? It's dangerous, but awesome. If you don't, send me your email and I'll send you the link!