Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Women and Men, Pt. 2

I told you this story was never-ending. Below is a man’s POV on women and today we have a woman’s POV on men. Amelia on TheFrisky.com wrote “Seven Things I Learned About Men From Working at Maxim.” After working at Maxim for two and a half years-ish, a predominantly male work zone, here’s a few of the lessons she learned:

Her Truth: All men are nerds.

She means that men aren’t necessarily sexist jocks (although she admits some are). What I got out of this lesson was that most guys actually end up being normal people with strange quirks. That’s a comforting thought, right?

Her Truth: Guys don’t kiss and tell nearly as much as women do.

I think as a generalization this might stand, but I know for a fact that some guys kiss and share every detail. Women are definitely worse though. This goes along with a lesson in the other story: a date isn’t over until she’s shared it with her friends. I wonder what keeps guys from not sharing as much though.

Her Truth: Men love dares.

When I read this, all I could think about was “I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU” from A Christmas Story. She has some pretty funny examples, too. Wearing women’s tennis outfits to staff meetings? Definitely amusing. It kind of makes me wonder what I can trick my guy friends into doing.

I’ll say that her list wasn’t as funny as the other list, but it’s still worth reading. The prank one was pretty good. Maybe it’ll help with some last minute April Fool’s pranks.

No comments: