Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Age is Just a Number, Right?

To be honest, at least once a week, I'm reminded that I look much much younger than my actual age. Great; I'll love it when I'm 40. Regardless of what I look like, my birth date can't lie. As I move through my 20s, I continually feel older.

A recent example: As I've posted before, my friends and I recently went to a Britney Spears concert. The girl sitting next to my friend announces, "I haven't seen Britney in concert since I was six!" For the record, Baby One More Time (her first big hit) was released in October '98 and didn't become a #1 hit on Billboard until January '99. AHHH!

Anyways, since I'm starting to feel old, I thought I'd share a way to make you feel old, too. Thanks to Billboard.com's Flashback Charts, you can find out what was the #1 song on your birthday, hs graduation, wedding date, etc.

On my birthday, the number one hit was "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick and Friends.



What was playing when you were born?

1 comment:

Loopaleep said...

"Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes

Its funny to see how the music styles of the hits change in the 90s into less talented classics in the 00s.