Sunday, March 1, 2009

Food Gone Bad

Do you ever read those "Top 10" posts about various things? I do. I love them. Well, except when you're reading the "Top 10 Worst Foods of 2009" and you happen to eat a few of them on a regular basis.

Here I thought I was doing a good thing by choosing some of Progresso soups instead of Campbell's Chunky whatever-they're-called soups. Reality check: Neither are good for you. Stupid sodium ruins everything. I'm also saddened by the Chipotle, Starbucks and Cold Stone, but let's face it, I knew those were coming. I will admit that this list wasn't as depressing as a list I found a while ago though. That list included the cheese fries at Outback Steakhouse THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and ate nearly every weekend back in the day.

But really, the key isn't about not eating these foods, right? Moderation is still the going idea, right? If it isn't, don't tell me.

So do you eat any of the foods on the list? Did any surprise you?

4 comments:

Cookie said...

I love Top Ten lists, but I'm just waiting for the day that someone tells me that Panera's broccoli cheddar soup will give me a heart attack. Because seriously, I eat it like twice a week at least, and I know it can't be good for me.
But at some point we just have to stop reading these lists and eat a burrito. (I'm sure Cosmic burritos are about as bad as Chipotle, but that's not going to stop me.)

Pie said...

Their broccoli cheddar soup is SO delicious! I wish I had a Panera closer to me. I miss it... lots.

Yeah, I know. I still eat the "bad" foods. I just don't eat them alllll the time. (Just most, haha.)

Loopaleep said...

Grumble! Chipotle Chicken Burrito! I love it so much!

I guess, I can avoid the cheese and sour cream and not eat breakfast that day. (sad face)

Pie said...

Gah, avoid the cheese and sour cream?! I feel like that just defaces the burrito. Ok, maybe leave the sour cream out, but not the cheese!

I really love cheese.