Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time To Test the Water?

Living in a new place means meeting new people, something I really haven't done that much of. Maybe it's laziness. Maybe I get a little shy when I'm by myself. Maybe I'm not a big fan of going out on my own. Maybe this, maybe that. My list will never end.

Maybe it's time I take action.

Thanks to BettyConfidential.com, I have some new ideas on where to attempt meeting new people (ok, mostly men, but whatever, maybe I'll find new girl friends, too). Their number one place to meet hot guys is... Chipotle! Strange, no? I'm not sure there is one around me. We have a Baja Fresh; will that work? They claim the best place to find a date is... Whole Foods! Yeah, don't shop there. Harris Teeter will have to work. Next, if you're into a hot, sexy, healthy, fit guy, they suggest trying a triathlon. HA! My substitution? The gym. Normally I go in there to actually work out, but maybe I'll hang out a little longer and try to make some friends. I've kind of talked to people, but not really. Plus I think most of them go there to...surprise! work out!

The last two on the list aren't really helpful to me particularly. Best place to be single? Alaska. It has 114 men for every 100 single women, according to the U.S. Census. Sounds great, but something tells me Alaska is not my cup of tea. For all you recent divorcees, your second husband is waiting for you at the playground on a Saturday morning (if you like children, of course. Otherwise maybe hit up Chipotle or Whole Foods.).

With warm weather (supposedly) approaching soon, meeting new people sounds like a good idea. Where do you find luck meeting new people? Let me know, and I'll let you know if any of these places (or substitutes) work out!

No comments: