Monday, March 23, 2009

I Will Win, Treadmill.

If you know me, you know I HATE RUNNING. If you've read the blog, you know that I have plans to conquer the treadmill. I must say in general I've made progress, but I still have a long way to go. I can run a mile non-stop now as long as a good TV show is on.

As the weather gets warmer, all of these joggers start coming out. Usually I roll my eyes and think awful thoughts when I see them, but maybe (odds are slim to none, but I can dream) this summer (it's already spring; one goal at a time) I will join them. Just in case you plan on doing the same thing, here are some tips for transitioning from the treadmill to... the outdoors from FitSugar.

- Start slow. The full transition apparently takes about one to two months. Who knew it was this serious? One outdoor run a week is a good start, and build as you feel more comfortable.

- Run at a slower pace and run shorter distances to get used to all of those extra outdoor challenges. You don't want to trip or get stuck at the bottom of a hill.

- Be safe! Bring a buddy, an ID and your cell phone, just in case. Fanny pack anyone?

For more tips, check it out here.

No comments: