Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's for Dinner?

Is it just me or does everyone seem to be talking about food lately because of the recession? I'd say about five or six of the blogs I read have mentioned it. They talk about eating out, food magazines, saving money on grocery shopping, you name it and they've discussed it. I suppose what you do with food can make a difference in your budget though.

Some of them are pretty interesting, too. Anyone who knows me knows I have a fairly awful addiction to fast food joints. My top three are McDonalds, Taco Bell and Bojangles. So when I saw this article about America's Top 10 healthiest restaurants on Health.com, it definitely had my interest.

Here's the list:

1: Panera
2: Jason's Deli
3: Au Bon Pain
4: Noodles & Company
5: Corner Bakery Cafe
6: Chipotle
7: Atlanta Bread
8: MCDONALDS!!!!
9: Einstein Bros Bagels
10: Taco Del Mar

Crazy, huh? BUT (don't act like you didn't know there was a but) that doesn't mean you can eat anything and everything from each place. They all have an unhealthy side, too. Make sure you check out the original article to see why each place made the list and what to order next time you go! Sadly, a large fries and medium vanilla milkshake isn't the healthiest option at McDonalds...

No comments: